Friday, September 11, 2009

Back To School Party

Tonight we attended the "Back To School Pizza Party" at the Orangeburg Spray Park. It was hosted by our homeschool support group, and there was a great turn out. I was actually quite surprised at how many people were there. I knew there were other homeschoolers in the area, but I didn't realize there were that many!!! Anyhow, I was super excited to see one of my closest friends that I've known for quite some time. It was great to have someone to talk with while the kids totally ditched me to go play in the water. If Nikki hadn't been there, I think I might have cried from the rejection. *laughs* Just kidding!!! It tickled me pink to see that they were having a blast, and that they were making friends so quickly. Even Reagan had found someone her age to play with!!! :) When she wasn't skipping all over the place, she was playing her little friend. Imagen & Addie were stuck to each other like glue, laughing it up. Hmmm... Wonder why they don't get along like that at home??? I'm thinking we should do this more often. I was delighted to find out that there were a couple of families there from my hometown, yet surprised I didn't know them. Perhaps, the small town I'm from isn't so small anymore!!! Maybe in the future I'll get to know some of them. Well, the only regret I have is that I didn't take a single picture!!! I know, I know... So not like me... I was honestly a little scared too. I know some people are funny about other people taking pictures of their kids, and I didn't see not one person with a camera out there. It was definitely a night I'll remember forever. I just wish I had a picture of the girls grinning from ear to ear, because I hadn't seen them smiling like that in quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment